The future of CAD is in the Cloud
RapidDeploy – the future of CAD is in the Cloud
If you are answering 9-1-1 calls and dispatching responders, you probably spend most of your day in CAD. Have you ever wondered why your CAD looks and feels like it’s from the 1990s? Why is it that you are forced to memorize commands and follow complex workflows that only exist “because this is how we’ve always done it”? Why is it that a new CAD upgrade takes two years and still doesn’t have any modern features? Why does your CAD not integrate modern location services, real-time data feeds and interactive maps? How did we get stuck here? Have a quick look at the video to see how “dinosaur CAD” is facing extinction!
The good news is that RapidDeploy, a proud sponsor of Within the Trenches, is bringing CAD to the future. They’re even redefining what it stands for: rather than “Computer-aided dispatch”, RapidDeploy provides Cloud Aided Dispatch – which gives you a hint that it’s a very different type of system.
RapidDeploy is a cloud-based platform that is built by first responders for first responders, with an intuitive user interface that looks and feels like modern web applications that don’t need years to implement and weeks to train. It’s built for a connected world where call-takers and dispatchers need situational awareness and access to real-time data feeds, and AI-assisted workflows that simplify dispatching. It comes with mobile apps for First Responders that allow data sharing and real-time updates like you would expect in 2019.
How is RapidDeploy Different from Legacy CAD:
· Fast and Easy to Deploy - you can implement a system in days, not years
· Affordable for Agencies of All Sizes - we are democratizing public safety
· Rich in Features and Functionality – years ahead and ever-evolving
· Reliable and Secure - using the Microsoft Azure Government Cloud
“It’s not a question of if, it’s a question of when 9-1-1 centers will migrate to the cloud”
-Steven Raucher, RapidDeploy, CEO
RapidDeploy is the market leader in Cloud Aided Dispatch (CAD) software. The RapidDeploy platform is rich in features and interfaces, easy to deploy and affordable for agencies of all sizes. RapidDeploy was built by First Responders using modern Microsoft Azure Government Cloud architecture, providing mission critical reliability, cybersecurity and state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence. The RapidDeploy Cloud Aided Dispatch suite includes:
· Nimbus CAD - A comprehensive dispatch platform for call-takers, dispatchers and responders that offers all features of Tier 1 CADs and much more, including artificial intelligence workflows and unprecedented situational awareness.
· Radius Mapping - A best in class tactical mapping solution that leverages a deep ESRI integration, the first and currently only Platinum integration, and a variety of supplemental data feeds optimized for use by 9-1-1 call takers.
· Edge Analytics - A future-proof analytics solution that ingests your phone and CAD data into the cloud and generates unique insights and reports, including predictive and prescriptive analytics supported by artificial intelligence.
Learn more or read about our entire Cloud Aided Dispatch suite, visit us at www.RapidDeploy.com.